Commodore Commodore
Commodore

View ESM Dashboard from browser?

Jump to solution

I've created a Dashboard in ESM Console v6.1.0.1389.0 and would like to make it viewable to my Networking team. I've read many posts in here on Dashboards but so far haven't found the magic sauce. What I've done so far is created and opened the dashboard, then "Launch Browser" to open in IE and copy/paste the URL link. When I email the link to a test user and they click it, they get an error opening the page. My guess is permissions but I'm very green when it comes to publishing dashboards. I can reply with the error when attempting to open but I think I'm missing something else.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

For now I'll use Web accounts (no license required) for access. It gives them more functionality which I didn't really want to do at the moment but it'll work. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Can they see it through the Command Center?

Have you created a web account at least for them in ESM?

Or do you want them to see it without logging into ESM at all?

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

They don't have login ids to the command center. No web accounts have been created either. I'd prefer to have them see it without logging into the ESM at all if possible. Thx.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

For now I'll use Web accounts (no license required) for access. It gives them more functionality which I didn't really want to do at the moment but it'll work. Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Sorry it's taken so long to respond, but you can remove some of that functionality.  For example, for many of my web users, I have removed their ability to perform searches since that will give them data I don't want them to see.

Open the ESM console, navigate to Users and right click on the group you do not want to perform searches.  Choose "Edit Access Control" and once the ACL Editor opens, navigate to the Operations tab.  Make sure the following permissions are removed:

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Saved Search Operations/Saved Search Read

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Saved Search Operations/Saved Search Write

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Scheduled Search Operations/Scheduled Search Read

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Scheduled Search Operations/Scheduled Search Write

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Search Filter Operations/Search Filter Read

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Search Filter Operations/Search Filter Write

/All Permissions/ArcSight System/Search Operations/Search

By the same token, on the resources tab, you can add or remove read/write permissions for each resource in ESM.  Note the Add... button at the top of the ACL Editor page.  You can get pretty granular depending on how you have your groups set up in each resource.

(Note: I originally found this answer somewhere, but I don't know if it was in the ESM guide or from an answer somewhere on protect724....)

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Hi Mark,

If it helped you, can you please mark Craig's answer as correct? Thanks!

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Craig,

I double checked the Operations tab and I must have already removed as nothing was listed. Saying that, it's been a while since I looked into this, but once I setup the web user account the ball was rolling. I quickly figured out I needed to modify the permissions accordingly and after several iterations I'm good to go. Thanks for the response.

0 Likes
Commodore Commodore
Commodore

Hi Rich,

Craig's answer was correct, a little late but correct. I've answered it as correct (edit - helpful not correct) so this thread can be signed off.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.