Honored Contributor.. jorgeoa Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Re: What custom integrations or scripts would you like to see? Community feedback appreciated!

Hi @Marius2,

We use the ArchiveReportService of ESM to run and download reports from external applications but sometimes the generation time of a report could be high so you can have timeout issues.

It would be useful for us to download an already generated report (scheduled reports) but I couldn't find an endpoint to do that on ESM.

The request could be: "download the last generated report by report resourceID"

Thanks!

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: What custom integrations or scripts would you like to see? Community feedback appreciated!

Hey @jorgeoa

I will look into that, the issue is that when you run the API call to generate a new report, that is normally when you receive the ID of the archived report, though API calls exists to list all currently available archived reports, i need to look if it can also show which date they was generated, if so then i can cook something up.

On another note, i rather set the timeout period in your script/application, we run 10-20 reports at least a day, several can take hours, so we up the timeout limit of our HTTP client (like requests for python or Guzzle for PHP).

I need to finish up this Requesttracker integration first for @Frenjd, then il take a look at it.

Normally you would have to do a api call to the endpoint called findAllIds, then another called getResourceById per ID returned in the first call, they are both under the ArchiveReportService API, so if you want to take a look in the meantime, feel free!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
dko1
Visitor.

Hi Marius,

would it be possible to add support for MISP project integration (http://misp-project.org/)? We would like to work with MISP events in ESM.

Thank you,

David

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hey @dko1,

ArcSight already allows ingestion of IOC's shared through the STIX/TAXII format which MISP supports, is there any other specific formats you need, or maybe did you have any bad experience with the current solution?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.