Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
Senior Member.. masukawahiroki1
Senior Member..

What does "Ad-hoc (in-memory) global variables" means?

Hi,

I created the Active List.

I will set the Active List on "Filter" field as conditions on Global Variable.

However,I found the description on page 448 of "User's Guide ArcSight Console ESM5.5".

>Global variables depend on a pre-defined schema,
>so ad hoc data gathered during run-time
>in active channels, active lists, session lists, query viewers, queries, domain fields, and trends
>cannot be used to define a global variable.
>Ad-hoc (in-memory) global variables can be displayed as columns in active channels,
>but not used as part of a condition or filter
>(for example, to derive a list or query result).

What does "Ad-hoc (in-memory) global variables" means?

Is it not correct to set Active List in Global Variable?

Regard,
HM

Labels (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.