Highlighted
yaseminb1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

What is the best way to import AD User list info from multiple Domain?

Hello, I'm new to ArcSight so I'm sorry if it is a basic question. I Would like to create an active list which contains the Active Directory Users and their infos. I want this list to stay up-to-date automatically. What is the best way to import AD User list info from multiple Domain into this active list?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Super Contributor.. neil.desai@hpe. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: What is the best way to import AD User list info from multiple Domain?

I would use rules to monitor for user add/deletes events and use that to keep your AL up to date. Check out https://www.ultimatewindowssecurity.com/wiki/WindowsSecuritySettings/User-Account-Management for various eventIDs.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Thanks for the return. And for the connector I will use this one right?

I couldn't find any 

0 Likes
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

The SmartConnector will collect events from AD. What you may want is the . The issue to consider is that it will populate the ESM actors data model and not an active list.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

I couldn't find the executable file mentioned. And in the pdf, last version I found is 7.1.7.7605.0, seems like it supports only Active Directory on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 . Is there any other way or the document isn't up-to-date.

0 Likes
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Strangely when I press the link I get to a doc stating version 7.5.0.7988.0. That said, it indeed is documented to support only Windows 2008. The binaries are in the ESM download section of the download portal as far as I recall. You might want to try them on later Windows version.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.