neeraj.singh1 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

What is the username of AWS ArcSight Logger AMI Image ???

Jump to solution

Hello HP,

Wondering if anyone from HP can answer What is the username of AWS ArcSight Logger AMI Image ??? I'm very much sure that the issue is with username.

ESM and ArcMC is working fine but Logger not allowing to login using ec2-user.

I tried (root, admin, centos, arcsight) noting working. It will be very painful experience so far, I'm not at all able to do ssh to Logger AMI server.

Already tried all possible tricks - Reinstall(5 times), security group settings, key pair issue troubleshooting etc.

Note: Please correct ArcMC AMI as well. Apache service is not starting by default. I sorted out the issue by fresh install of  ArcMC 2.1.

Thanks,

Neeraj

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Contributor.

Re: What is the username of AWS ArcSight Logger AMI Image ???

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. All is well now.

0 Likes
11 Replies
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The username for all ArcSight AMIs is ec2-user:

ssh -i <private_key> ec2-user@<aws-assigned-address>

I'm going to try and reproduce the issue you had with ArcMC's Apache Service.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for quick reply.

Still facing the same issue. Request to cross check. Getting below error. And this error is because of username.

error.png

Thanks,

Neeraj

0 Likes
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Please try this...  Create a 'new' ssh keypair in AWS, launch the Logger AMI from the marketplace, apply your 'new' ssh key to the Instance and logon.

0 Likes
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I just launched ArcMC and Logger from the Marketplace, and everything appears to work fine.  Please see the attached screenshot (launch time, uptime, hostnames, AMI ID, etc.).  I couldn't reproduce the issues you described with the ArcMC and Logger AMIs.

ArcMC and Logger on AWS.png

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Sorry to say but still getting error - "server refused our key"

Thanks,

Neeraj

0 Likes
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I had a similar issue with PuTTY in the past.  I used the following article to help connect to my EC2 instance using PuTTY (the PuTTYgen utility helped):  Connecting to Your Linux Instance from Windows Using PuTTY - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks you for help.

Same Putty method is working for ESM and ArcMC but not working for Logger. I've tried from Linux Server as well. Wondering how it is working for you? what tool are you using? Cab you try from putty once?

BTW I'm not novice for AWS and ArcSight, and the core point of putting ArcSight on AWS is to give flexibility and ease of use. If i'm struggling then what will happen to others?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thank God somehow able to login but as happened with ArcMC, in Logger apache service is not starting. See the screen below.

apache error_logger.png

All services are stopped by default. when started it took while (20 min) see the screen for that.

what will you say now?

0 Likes
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Neeraj,

Which region are you using for AWS?  Are you available to connect via WebEx this Tuesday?  If there's a problem with the AMI, we'd like to fix it ASAP.  Please email me directly at tracy.barella@hpe.com to coordinate a meeting time (I'm on EST).

Thanks!

Tracy Barella

Chief Services Strategist

tracy.barella@hpe.com

0 Likes
tbarella1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Following up from our WebEx session...  Is everything working ok now?

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help. All is well now.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.