Commander
Commander

When does a trend add data to an ActiveList?

Jump to solution

At what point does a trend add data to an activelist?  I have been testing a trend for the past few hours today but have so far not been able to get the data it locates to be added to the activelist.  If I right click the trend and choose "Data Viewer," the data the trend locates is present, however, it is never added to the activelist.

Also, is there any easy way to force a trend to run?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral
Admiral

Hi there,

I believe the data should be added at the end of a Trend Run.

If I recall correctly, trying to add data via Refresh will at best, only add data from the most recent time selection in the Refresh cycle.

If you want to make the trend run sooner so you can see if changes you made worked, you can you just change the schedule to be 1 or 2 mins into the future (ie if its 11:42am, then set it to run on the hour at 44 minutes after).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Hi there,

I believe the data should be added at the end of a Trend Run.

If I recall correctly, trying to add data via Refresh will at best, only add data from the most recent time selection in the Refresh cycle.

If you want to make the trend run sooner so you can see if changes you made worked, you can you just change the schedule to be 1 or 2 mins into the future (ie if its 11:42am, then set it to run on the hour at 44 minutes after).

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ian.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Thanks for the help!  As you mentioned, I changed the scheduled frquency to daily and set the time to 2 minutes in the future.  The trend successfully ran once the defined time was met.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.