Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
lucdesaulniers Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Where does the DEVICE value come from

There is something I always wondered.

Whenever you do a search in Logger, a certain value is displayed in the DEVICE field.

I was wondering where does this value comes from? For example in the attachment I am provinding, the data in the tooltip that pops up when I hover over the value I can recognize. However I have no idea where the value itself comes from.

Sans titre.jpg

I can recognize the RECEIVER in the tooltip and value itself. The host ip address in the tool tip is ok too. But what of the remainder of the DEVICE field? It is not the name of the connector which is pulling the data nor does it contain any data relevant to the connector (save for the receiver name).

Anyone has any info on this?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.