Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Where the reports are being saved on ESM server's filesystem ?

If there is any report being prepared on ESM, is it saved on the filesystem ? We need a solution to collect the completed reports from the file system.

Is this possible ?

Thanks,

Andras

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Where the reports are being saved on ESM server's filesystem ?

Hi Andras,

The report are saved here:

$ARCSIGHT_HOME/Manager/reports/archive/Archived\ Reports.Meta.Group/Personal\ Archived\ Reports/<user's Archived Reports>/DD-MM-YYYY/

I confirm you that I personally use crontab to move daily reports to a network share for keeping them more than 6 months (default on ESM), it is working properly.

I hope I have answered to your question.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Where the reports are being saved on ESM server's filesystem ?

Thanks Michael - I was traveling yesterday and couldnt spin up my ESM system to check!

Just to elaborate on this too - you can set a schedule for your reports to be generated and you can define the folder structure you want to use for their generation AND you can set the lifetime for them too. So the idea is that you can generate reports that say weekly, but have them removed after 6 weeks - so you can manage the total amount of space consumed by them (albeit, reports are usually very small). That way you can manage the storage and the data.

What I see a lot of customers doing is to generate the reports and have them copied / replicated to some sort of external storage system (cron job is a perfectly reasonable way to do this). That way you can present the reports to a wider audience without having to give the receiving users access to the ESM server itself OR to ESM as a user to login and retrieve them.

On a follow on note for this also - you can set ESM to email out the reports to a destination email address and a small change made a while ago means that this user should not be licensed if they are just getting an email - not interactive login to the console. This should keep things cheaper and simpler if you want to use the email report functionality.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.