Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Which FlexConnector to use?

Hello All,

I have following queries regarding Flex connector:

1) I need to collect audit logs from Oracle 11g. Is there default connector available or I need to develop Flex connector?

2) We have one ERP application which writes logs into Oracle database, which is supposed to be send to Logger. There are multiple tables and it doesn't have primary key. Only NOT NULL is a restriction in tables. Which Flex connector can I use for such type of logs?

Thanks.

Labels (4)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi Ravi,

1) It depends on OS which Oracle runs on. There is connector 'SmartConnector for Oracle Audit Syslog' for syslog or 'SmartConnector for Microsoft Windows Event Log – Native: Oracle Audit' for Windows. So tell what OS your Oracle runs on and I'll tell you what guide you should use.

Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ERP writes the logs in the Oracle but in different tables so smartconnector for audit logs of oracle can not be used to collect ERP logs. In my case, ERP admin made a script and put the logs in tables every one hour and I created time based DB to collect those logs.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Thanks for reply guys..

Amit, The table doesn't have primary key in my case. So, I think I can not use time based DB.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ya, that becomes problem if table does not have a primary key. There is no guarantee of log collection in order of older to newer. I am yet to figure out any way for this. Let me know, if you find.

Regards,

Amit

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Time based doesn't required a primary key it requires a datetime or timestamp and some combination of fields to differentiate between rows with duplicate timestamps, ID based requires a unique (incrementing) identifier though this doesn't necessarily need to be a Primary Key.  Is there a timestamp in the log table?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.