richard_kouadio1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Why my report is empty?

Hello Expert,

I have ESM v6.1. I have created a query as data source for my report.

In the query condition I have selected a Filter. This filter was tested with active channel and work fine as it brings event.

Now when I test my report, in the same timeline I use to test the filter I don't get event, the report was empty. In my understanding the report should have at least the same data retreived by the active channel.

Can someone tell me where I can look in order to troubleshoot this.

Regards

Richard

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
michael.lumsden Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Why my report is empty?

Hello ​,

It would be helpful if we could see the Filter in question, the Active Channel in question, the Query backing the report, and the Report itself.  This configuration info could be provided via good screenshots or via a ARB package which we could import to an ESM and inspect further.

Either way, I would suspect something is wrong with the configuration of the report's query in comparison to the plain filter used in the Active Channel.  Perhaps the filter criteria in the query differ slightly from just the plain filter?

Thanks, in advance!

Michael Lumsden

ESM Product Manager

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Why my report is empty?

Hi Richard,

Yes, you should get some information on report. Your filter is working that fine. But what about your query ?

did you check it with query viewer ? I presume issue with your query.

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.