Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Why the 700+ email updates to the product documentation?

Jump to solution

I received over 700 emails last night with updates to the product documentation? The docs aren't all in the same areas, so I can't just unsubscribe from one area to reduce all the email.

A suggestion with the ArcSight product documentation, can you look at some way to summarize what docs have been add/changed/removed? And can you have them modified by the same account or have some type of consistent tag so we can use client-side rules to filter them.

Please help to reduce the spam..

Signed,

A user who receives way too much email and is trying to work smarter not harder.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JohnJ Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Why the 700+ email updates to the product documentation?

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I"m sorry you and others got blasted w/ all the noisy email.

I just dug into this and figured out what happened.

When we migrated the product documentation, we included hte text of hte products in each of the posts
"The following text is included for Search"   However, this has been a problem that has contributed to overwhelming search results with product documenation.

As one of the steps toward improving search results., we had Lithium run a migration job to update those posts, removing the text that was embeded in the posts.   The goal is to both clean up the product documenation AND improve search results.  (more on that in a separate post)

It looks like when the job ran last night, it triggered your subscriptions... - hence the blast of email updates you received.   We should have disabled email notifications before the job ran.  I'm very sorry for contributing to your full email box and will make sure we don't do repeate this next time we need to do a mass-update.

John

John
0 Likes
4 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. douglas.baker@h1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

I got a flood also. Some were back to ESM v5 and some were tech articles. Basically the (iRock) system barfed? Doug

0 Likes
Highlighted
JohnJ Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Thanks for sharing. I"m sorry you and others got blasted w/ all the noisy email.

I just dug into this and figured out what happened.

When we migrated the product documentation, we included hte text of hte products in each of the posts
"The following text is included for Search"   However, this has been a problem that has contributed to overwhelming search results with product documenation.

As one of the steps toward improving search results., we had Lithium run a migration job to update those posts, removing the text that was embeded in the posts.   The goal is to both clean up the product documenation AND improve search results.  (more on that in a separate post)

It looks like when the job ran last night, it triggered your subscriptions... - hence the blast of email updates you received.   We should have disabled email notifications before the job ran.  I'm very sorry for contributing to your full email box and will make sure we don't do repeate this next time we need to do a mass-update.

John

John
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Thank you John for investigating, I appreciate it.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

It looks like this might be happenind again? I'm getting email notifications on really old threads like these.

https://community.saas.hpe.com/t5/Discussions/Regarding-Arcsight-ESM-and-Database-backup-restoration/m-p/1539803#M77

Heartbeat Transport to [https://manager:8443] down

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.