Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Trusted Contributor.. JanSevela Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Windows Event Log Connector at Centos 7 - error

Jump to solution

Hello, 

we have problem with Microsoft Event Log Connector at Centos.

After succesful installation of Microsoft Event Log Connector on CentOS7 system is not possible to modify connector parameters from console. Everytime I am trying to do so I am getting following error: "1:Error: [Did not detect any assigned Remote Agents] | 1:Possible Solution: [Please ensure that Remote Agent(s) are up and running]". Connector is installed under arcsight user and it is software connector.

Does anyone have a similar problem and solution?

Jan

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Windows Event Log Connector at Centos 7 - error

Jump to solution

Hello,

when doing the setup 1s time did you finish the installation that yo uadded some real Windows host or you just finished without addind any Windows hosts ?

If you did not add any Windows hosts and finished setup and then wanted to do "runagentsetup" again later on then this might be related. So to me seems like you installed SmartConnector, ran initial "runagentsetup" with defaul "localhost" in Windows host table, registered Destination and then finished the setup. Now when you try to do "runagentsetup" you see this issue. Might be wrong but looks like this :)

What would suggest:
a) unistall SmartConnector
b) install new SmartConnector (the part with files)
c) once this is done on initiall "runagentstup" add 1 Windows host when doing setup
d) then register destination and finish setup
e) once this is done see if the SmartConnector works (start it up)
f) if SmartConnector works then try "runagentsetup" to see if you can modify Windows hosts table (add more hosts)

The above procedure works for me in LAB.

Regards,

Marijo

3 Replies
fabian.zambrano Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Good Morning,

I am currently trying to install a windows connector type MicrosoftWindowsEventLog, however when trying to modify the connector parameters I get the same error 1: Error: [Did not detect any assigned Remote Agents] | 1: Possible Solution: [Please ensure that Remote Agent (s) are up and running]

Could you find the solution?

I appreciate what you can help me

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

when doing the setup 1s time did you finish the installation that yo uadded some real Windows host or you just finished without addind any Windows hosts ?

If you did not add any Windows hosts and finished setup and then wanted to do "runagentsetup" again later on then this might be related. So to me seems like you installed SmartConnector, ran initial "runagentsetup" with defaul "localhost" in Windows host table, registered Destination and then finished the setup. Now when you try to do "runagentsetup" you see this issue. Might be wrong but looks like this :)

What would suggest:
a) unistall SmartConnector
b) install new SmartConnector (the part with files)
c) once this is done on initiall "runagentstup" add 1 Windows host when doing setup
d) then register destination and finish setup
e) once this is done see if the SmartConnector works (start it up)
f) if SmartConnector works then try "runagentsetup" to see if you can modify Windows hosts table (add more hosts)

The above procedure works for me in LAB.

Regards,

Marijo

Trusted Contributor.. JanSevela Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

Jump to solution

Hello,

thank you for help, it looks so good.

Jan Ševela

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.