Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
aquillius.t@net Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Windows Server 2016 Connector

Hi,

I'm trying to integrate Windows Server 2016 to ArcSight but it doesn't seem supported by the SmartConnector 7.10.0 version. Though according to the guide it is already supported but when I tried to run the installation, I cannot find the 2016 version on the drop down list.

Hope someone can help. 

Thanks!

Aqui

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Sumanth M Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: Windows Server 2016 Connector

Hi Aqui,

Which Smart Connector have you installed? You need to install "Microsoft Windows Event Log" which supports Windows Server 2016.

Regards,

Sumanth.

0 Likes
Super Contributor.

Hi Sumanth,

I have installed Windows Event Log - Unified connector version 7.10.0. Actually, when I read the config guide I saw that it is supported. But when I started installing the SmartConnector, there's no 2016 version on the drop-down list.

Thanks,

Aqui

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Aqul,

I have just installed WiNC 7.10 on my Win Server and I am able to select Server 2016 (see uploaded screenshot).
You are trying to install Windows Unified Connector which doesn't support 2016. 
Proceed with installing Native (Microsoft Windows Event Log Native) and you'll be able to select 2016.

Regards,
Kresimir

Highlighted
Super Contributor.

Hi Kresimir,

Thanks for this. I will try your recommendation and update once with the result. Thanks again!

Regards,

Aqui

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Aqul,

I am glad I could help.
Have you managed to install it? If yes, don't forget to mark this question as resolved.

Regards,
Kresimir

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.