Highlighted
henryyan@au1.ib Absent Member.
Absent Member.

any way to to disable asset auto creation from Vulnerability Scan Report for Static zone

Jump to solution

Hi

We have ESM 5.2 and Macfee Vulnerability scanner connector to read the scan report. Now we find the asset is created by the scanner for static zones. we just want to know if there is any way to stop the assets auto-creation from vulnerability scan report for static zones?

Thanks

Henry

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: any way to to disable asset auto creation from Vulnerability Scan Report for Static zone

Jump to solution
0 Likes
3 Replies
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: any way to to disable asset auto creation from Vulnerability Scan Report for Static zone

Jump to solution
0 Likes
henryyan@au1.ib Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Bala

Thanks for the answers. However, as said on https://protect724.hp.com/message/7602#7602

Turning off Auto Asset Creation DOES NOT affect vulnerability scanners connectors. These connectors will still create assets regardless of the setting.

So my question is if there is anyway we can disable scanners connector to create asset.

I have done the server.properties modification and put the filters to TRUE, the assets are still created through scanner report. That proves what Gabriel's mention about the vulnerability scanner.

Any one has any idea to disable the scanner connector to create asset?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Jump to solution

hi Henry - I am also interested in this.  Do you have any further info?

I have asset auto creation currently set as "autocreate.sensor.asset.enabled=false" on ESM (6.5).  Scanner asset auto creation is apparently not impacted by this.  What if I would like to continue to send scanner reports to ESM (i.e. for the target vulnerability details) but at the same time I don't want the assets auto created any more.  I'm still not sure I'm understanding all this but I sense that it's not possible.  To keep running scanner connector running I am stuck with asset creation.....?

Any advice is much appreciated....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.