Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

arcmc and logger config backup subscriber configurations

Hello community,

Finally getting some time to work with subscriber configurations on ArcMC.  I created a policy for ArcMC backup configuration, as well as Logger backup configuration.  In each I specified a base remote directory for the ArcMC systems and Loggers.

I notice that when I push an ArcMC backup config / policy out to each ArcMC the process adds a subdirectory to the path, using the ArcMC host name.  E.g. /config_bak/<arcmhostname>.  So every ArcMC that I push this policy out to ends up with a distinct path for its config files, which is good.  The downside is that the subscriber policy that gets pushed out does not include the option to select which files to exclude (repository, connector data, or both) which implies I have to visit each ArcMC to adjust (the push appears to add/use "exclude repository" option, but I would like to exclude connector data as well). 

When I push the Logger backup configuration out to any Logger it always appends "logger" to the path e.g. /config_bak/logger.  So all Loggers that use this policy end up dumping config backup files to the same folder.  Which implies I need a single subscriber config for each Logger, otherwise I have to visit each Logger to adjust this. 

I may be missing something obvious, but in my case, it seems like creating centralized config backup policies are not adding as much value as I had hoped...(?)

Any thoughts on this are appreciated  

Thanks......

0 Likes
1 Reply
Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: arcmc and logger config backup subscriber configurations

To add to the confusion, when I log into each ArcMC and select System Administration / Backup - and set the backup parameters to "exclude repository and connector data", it "resets" itself to exclude repository data only <sigh>.....  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.