Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

check connector cache size

Hi All,

I am fairly new to arcsight and connectors, so bare with me. I need to check the current cache size of one of my connectors, how would I go about to view that. Would it be in one of the following files:

agent.properties

agent.wrapper.conf

I can see where I can see the current connector cache size, whether it is default or not.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The configuration is easiest seen in ArcMC or ESM, and is mostly set per destination. So for example in ArcMC you can look at a specific destination and see which batching, caching etc settings is defined.

To check the current cachesize being currently consumed you can also either view it in ArcMC or ESM, but you can also check the size of the files in the /user/agent/agentdata folder. There you will have .cache files (events that has been parsed and is waiting to be sent to its destination) and .queue files (events that still needs to be parsed before sending).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All topics and replies made is based on my personal opinion, viewpoint and experience, it does not represent the viewpoints of MicroFocus.
All replies is based on best effort, and can not be taken as official support replies.
//Marius
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Thanks allot, I will be checking out our ArcMC and see if i can see anything in there. As i have to verify our connectors cache settings.

Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hi Eonl,

Except ArcMC and ESM. You can also check Current/Default connector cache size from below path

1. Under <Connector_HomeDirectory>\user\agent\<Open agentID XML file e.g 38SCpJ24BABCAA3jzUCxAFw==>

clipboard_image_1.png

or

1. You can run runagentsetup file under <Connector_HomeDirectory>\bin as per below step
    1. Select -> Modify Connector->next
    2. Select- >Add,Modify or remove destination -> next
    3. Select your destination -> next
    4. Select- > Modify destination settings- > next
    5. Select- > Cache ( default size 1GB )

Regards,

Ranjeet Singh

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.