Highlighted
smalltime Absent Member.
Absent Member.

clear active list on time

Hai there,

I'm looking for a way to clear an active list on time. Every 24 hours i need an active list to be cleared.

How do i do this?

Thanks in advanced

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
deepakroy1841 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: clear active list on time

give TTL for 1 day !!!

0 Likes
smalltime Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Deepak roy

I did gave it a TTL of 1 day but because in the list there's also a count the ttl resets if the entry is updated.

I need a list that counts for max 24 hours en then reset to 0 dispite the count at that point.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
smalltime Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Additional information

I'm trying to get it to work with session lists.

These lists are able to set an entry expiration time but then it's 24 hours from when the entry is entered on the list.

It needs to be from 00h00 to 00h00 every 00h00 the active/session list needs to be cleared.

Any ideas anybody?

0 Likes
scott.johnson@m Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

I don't know if this has been answered yet...  Have you tried adding a unique field to your active list or session list?  I had the same issue trying to keep track of IP's over an 8 hour period.  I found that if I added a unique field (in my case, the Event ID field) the last modified time would always equal the creation time for that event.

0 Likes
Gayan Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Maurice,

You can create a rule that check the Active list time difference and if it different more than 24 hrs then delete the Active list values

Cheers

Gayan

Mr
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

A simple cron job and a properly crafted XML file dropped into archive imports could accomplish this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.