etha4u Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

console hang while trying to fetch report_arcsight 6.5 console

What should I do to resolve console hang issue in arcsight 6.5/ I was trying to fetch a report with one months data and it was taking huge time; gradually hanged. Where should I find the root cause of this error and what should I do to fix it? Looking forward to your feedback and suggestions. Thanks.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
5 Replies
kiranvijay1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: console hang while trying to fetch report_arcsight 6.5 console

Hello Fahima khan,

Gradually it takes minimum 5-10  min when you are fetching the report for 1 month.

Try closing the dashboards,active channels If any open. If you are using windows machine >> go to task manager and the set the java console in high priority and run.

and make sure your report logic is correct. If its wrong there is even a chance to get hanged / report may not be fetched.

Thanks,

Kiran

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

it took 1 hour no output..moreover i found in the community it is a common  problem with 6.5..how to ensure 6.5 SP which version?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

my console went blank. completely hanged while going to report instance even not generating any report just selecting one..and while it started hanging it never stops.

0 Likes
daveh009 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What are the report's conditions? Have you considered using Trends?

0 Likes
kiranvijay1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am using 6.5 version. May be your condition is wrong or some other issue.

Please check your report condition.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.