Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

__createLocalTimeStamp question

Hi,

Due to the Microsoft bydesign format Exchange Mesaagetracking logs cretaed in GMT time. i think __createLocalTimeStampFromGMT is used in this smartconnector and as the connector machine is in GMT+2 now endtime is created with +2 correction. Turkey is in GMT+2 by default but in summertime DST is enabled and basically time is converted with GMT+3 calculation but zone is still GMT+2 under DST conditions. i want to learn , when dst enabled in turkey will my connector still adds +2 for gmt+2 or based on connector server time under dst will it add +3. Because time zone will not effect in DST changes just a correction to +1 hour is applied by OS.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: __createLocalTimeStamp question

i read my question and it seems i'm not clear enough so ; during the process of __createlocaltimefromGMT , will it aware about dst changes, or just adding time zone difference (+2 for Turkey) regardless of DST change ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: __createLocalTimeStamp question

ok then i rewrite my question in a more simple way , how connector decides what the local time zone is when processing __createLocalTimeStampFromGMT(date,time) token operator. And if a timezone information is carried with in parameters will it be overrided to GMT as the token assume that parameter times are in GMT.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.