Rashid470102 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

delete the bulk dead assets

I have a long liust of Assets showing in ArcSight. most of them are shutdown. How can I delete the Assets from Asset list.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Established Member.. kinneysr
Established Member..

Re: delete the bulk dead assets

Rashid -

If you want to blow away all your assets... try this (in test first ... of course).  Stop all services except mysql.

### To verify the # of assets

mysql> select count(*) from arc_resource where resource_type = 4;

### To remove those assets

mysql> delete from arc_resource where resource_type = 4;

After this is done.. start all your services again

If this helps, mark this thread as answered and the thread too.

scotty

0 Likes
Rashid470102 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Scotty,

But I just want to disable or remove the dead assest.

If I go through your step. then how can I get the active/alive assets again.

Please advise

0 Likes

If you want to disable all Assets you can use the below query unless you want to add more clauses to control which specific Assets that you want to disable (for example, these Assets were created by certain dates):

update arc_resource set DISABLED = 1 where resource_type = 4;

or

update arc_resource set DISABLED = 1 where resource_type = 4 and CREATED >= 'xxxxx';

When you want to reactive these Assets later:

update arc_resource set DISABLED = 0 where resource_type = 4;

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.