Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Member.. LSware
Member..

event broker X-auth-token error from duing installation.

Jump to solution

Dear all. 

Is there anyone who can provide advice for blow error message from Event broker installation procces?

'======= Starting STEP 0 "Sending configuration file to platform..." of Deploy core services process =========

Preparing configuration json for deploy...
Injecting the configuration values into /opt/arcsight/kubernetes/first-suite-updated.json ...
[INFO] 2018-07-30 12:41:10 : Starting CDF phase 2 installation ...
[FATAL] 2018-07-30 12:46:16 : Failed to get X-AUTH-TOKEN. Please make sure the inputted password is correct.
First deploy phase failed!
Error while deploying core services. Please see logs for more details. Installation will be aborted!
[root@eb1 arcsight-installer-1.50.9]#

=====================================================

As you can see , there are X-AUTH-TOKEN error which tell password is incorrect, but the only password I input is just administrator passwd at start step...

I hope you can advice 🙂

thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: event broker X-auth-token error from duing installation.

Jump to solution

Following up on this, did my suggestion address your issue? If so, can you click "Accept As Solution?"

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

What dns servers do you have in your /etc/resolv.conf? For all of the servers listed, can you forward/reverse looking on hostname/fqdn/ip? If you have a dns server in your /etc/resolv.conf that you cannot properly forward/reverse lookup, remove it. You will see this with Event Broker 2.21. See my doc on this (doc is on 2.20 but this information applies to 2.21): https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/ArcSight-Event-Broker-2-20-DNS-and-host-setup-and-configuration/m-p/1656877

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Following up on this, did my suggestion address your issue? If so, can you click "Accept As Solution?"

0 Likes
Member.. LSware
Member..

Jump to solution

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.. Arash_gh_ab Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Please be more specific. Are you seeing an error when you try to download it? Do you not see the download button?

Untitled.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.