Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

express execute SSH command to other server - FAIL

Jump to solution

Hi,

i try to execute command from rule which is SSH to an server to run some script. but i try to run th script manual on express with root and arcsight. it work perfectly. but when i use arcsight rule to trigger this shell script. the script is run but it stop at SSH connection [i am using publickey so no password is need]. my ssh connection command as below:

ssh username@serverip

from my finding on the debug log from ssh server. it show empty username.

anyone have perform the same scenario before. please do share with me the method to overcome  this.

many thanks.

Untitled.png

REgards,

chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

The Command needs to be the script (/opt/mwkwan.sh), not /bin/bash.  For the second action, again the Command should be teh script and the Argument would be $attacherAddress.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

The Command needs to be the script (/opt/mwkwan.sh), not /bin/bash.  For the second action, again the Command should be teh script and the Argument would be $attacherAddress.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.