Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
fikretbaydilli1 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

global variable selector problem

Jump to solution

Hi,

I created a query that matches a filter i created. Bu i want to add a global variable (TotalBytes) to this query.

When i select the variable and add to fields it adds however, when i click the apply button in query it disappears. Tried several times nothing changed. Created a new variable tried with it and other queries result is same.

Is there a setting for use variable? Couldnt find information about it.

totalbytes.PNG

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Trusted Contributor.

Re: global variable selector problem

Jump to solution

Solved the problem;

When add the global variable first we need to give a value to it i.e. TotalBytes>=0 then press apply it accepts. After that you can delete value of the global variable and press apply again. That solve the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ruslan Mikhalov Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to create the same variable but local (not global).

Will it be added?

Regards.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Actually i realized that i cant add global variables any of the queries. I think i have some othe problem about settings. As you know there are lots of queries and most of them has global variables. I tried to add variable to those queries and i couldnt succeded.

im missing something but what

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Solved the problem;

When add the global variable first we need to give a value to it i.e. TotalBytes>=0 then press apply it accepts. After that you can delete value of the global variable and press apply again. That solve the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.