Highlighted
davidhawley1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

help with understanding more about XLM as it relates to Report Templates.

David HawleySheriff

Greetings,

I am working with a Client who wants to eliminate all unnecessary metadata, in the form of dependencies possible on their

ESM 6.5.1 system.  It's not my place to argue or debate with a Customer's wishes.

Their desire is to NOT import packages from an ESM of the same build, and I am working to get this one exemption.

I can say that there *should* be no issues with unnecessary dependencies, but I would like to be able to say this with great

confidence, and I am not an XML expert.

I did change the name of the Report Templates bundle that I exported to .zip instead of .arb and used GNU zip with the -d

(decompress) option to get to the XML code.  I don't see any overhead. Presumably the only dependencies would be to the

Reports that use these custom Templates.

Inside the XML code i can clearly see some expected, acceptable Dependencies, and where some custom company name

image files are being imported but I have no idea what is inside all the cruft gobleygook which looks more like rot-13 encryption than understandable data.

Has anyone done this exercise before?  Are there any XML gurus out there who could look at an exported Report Template file

from your own ESM and see if there is any unnecessary overhead?  Obviously I won't be posting the Customers Template file publicly.

I just want some help in being able to say with great assurance there is no unnecessary overhead in this kind of Resource.

Of course it does seem intuitive that there is not an issue.

Thanks, David Hawley

0 Likes
1 Reply
rhope Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: help with understanding more about XLM as it relates to Report Templates.

Can you explain what you mean by overhead? If you want to understand which resources have been included in a given arb you can use this tool to create a report

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.