Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. pareshs Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

how to logger high availability configuration on VM Software Logger

Hi Team 

how to logger high availability configuration on VM Software Logger 

0 Likes
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor..

HA For Software based Logger

Hello All,

I need to have high availability (HA) for my Software based logger. Can someone please help me the pre-requisites for the same. And also please let me know how do I do the configuration.

0 Likes
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: HA For Software based Logger

Hello,

1) Scenario 1
Send from SmartConnector to 2 x Loggers (so you make 2 Destinations on SmartConnector and send same events to two different Loggers)

2) Scenario 2
Send from SmartConnector to 2 x Loggers but 2nd Logger is failover Destination (so you make 1 Destination to Primary Logger and then under that Destination add Secondary Logger as failover Destination. So when Primary Logger goes down events will then start to flow to Secondary Logger)

3) Scenario 3
Send from SmartConnector to 2 x Loggers but the Destination is Logger Pool (so the Destination is one but the SmartConnector is sending to both Loggers parallelly in distributed fashion. This would mean that SmartConnector sends around 100 events and they are distributed on all the Loggers in the Logger Pool Destination, so none of te Loggers gets all of the events)

4) So above are some scenario examples so you can work from there in a direction that you would like.

Regards,

Marijo

Frequent Contributor..

Thanks 

0 Likes
VENKATGOLLA Contributor.
Contributor.

Any document is available for the same

0 Likes
VENKATGOLLA Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi to every one kindly share the high availability of logger document how to configure logger high availability

please a document if you have 

0 Likes
chansu Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Dear Marijo, 

From my understanding, all these three scenarios are not a real HA solution.  For solution 1, there are only duplicated events, all other configuration settings such as schedule reports are not synchronized automatically.  For solution 2,  two of loggers have different events and same as asynchronized configuration.  For solution 3, it is not even a HA solution but a load balance solution when using peering search .  Micro Focus should provide a real HA solution similar to ESM in the future. 

Regards,

Chan Su

0 Likes
stvhull_forces Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: how to logger high availability configuration on VM Software Logger

can i ask what is your main purpose for this.

the provided solution by Marijo are exact. 

by knowing the exact reason why you are looking to do this. I am 100% sure that one of the solution listed would be much better for your end goal.

also, could you tell if you are doing some advance configuration on the logger or it will be a very simple install and configuration in order to meet some security events monitoring requirement from your enterprise.

cheers.

VENKATGOLLA Contributor.
Contributor.

Re: how to logger high availability configuration on VM Software Logger

Hi 

I am trying to configure high availability on logger at VMware level 

before i need a document where i can understand clearly 

please share the document  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.