Commodore
Commodore

how to use command center in 6.8c, what are the benefits?

my understanding is the web console is not command center. I want to explore command center for 6.8c.

Please share how should i start. Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

I found it for those who are searching like me

link is https://ESM:8443(yup the ESM port!) nothing much..still console is the best

0 Likes
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The benefits for using the ACC or ArcSight Command Center is that is the only way to use a web interface with ESM (and Express) going forward. The ArcSight Web has been discontinued and I would recommend everyone to get off this ASAP.

The ACC has been receiving a number of updates since 6.8 to 6.9 and the release that is coming up. The ACC has been a little limited in earlier releases. But the focus for the company is to add capability to support analyst users within the ACC rather than the use of the Console. It supports Active Channels, dashboards, access and updating of cases and viewing notifications.

In the upcoming release, expect to see more updates, fixes and improvements to make it more attractive and usable. Expect to see more capabilities going forward and in later releases, reducing the dependency on the console for analyst users.

And the one key feature for the ACC is that you can use the 'Logger search interface' - that means you can use a simple search interface, just like the one in Logger, to search the data in Logger with ease, simplicity and using a simple search language. It makes it easier to do searches, look for data and carry out investigations without using Active Channels etc. Its powerful and flexible, and if you haven't seen it, its really useful.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.