Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

limit on archive import file size

Hi experts,

There seems be a limit of 300MB on archive import file size.

/opt/arcsight/manager/bin/arcsight archive -i -u blah -p "blah" -f /tmp/achive_file.xml -m manager_host

Adding the following to server.properties and restarting server did not seem to help:

persist.file.size.total.max=800
persist.file.size.max=800

Please help!  Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: limit on archive import file size

Hello,

this is not a surprise and I think that most ESM users/administrators know about this limitation and yes is not the only one.

Best Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: limit on archive import file size

Hi Seclytics_bowei,

According to me the limit was not 300 MB but 30 MB and it is exactly what you can see in the default config file. This is for ESM v6.91

Try this setting, maybe it will work for you too:

archive.export.max.size=1000000        (default 30000)

Choose the value based on your needs.
I have not found a setting specifically for import thus I suppose that this setting is for both.
According what I have, it is this setting that manage large package imports.

Thanks
Regards

Michael

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.