Outstanding Contributor.. rtoni1 Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

package import from old to new

Hello,

I have a new ESM 6.9.1 running, want to export some content from an older (6.5) ESM and import onto this box.

Wondering if anyone has any advice / experience around this?  I believe going the opposite direction (new to old) would probably wreak havoc, but can I assume ESM's are backwards-compatible in this regard?

Trying to avoid the downtime to upgrade existing system, as it is going to be retired anyway.

Thanks for any advice, etc....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: package import from old to new

In most cases it should work. While I don't recall specific 6.5->6.9.1 issues, there have been minor issues in the past also on the old to new route, however it if loads, you are fine. In all cases I encountered in which it did not work, ESM rejected the import and unzipping the ARB file and fixing an offending field in the XML helped.

0 Likes

Thanks Ofer, good to know.....

0 Likes
csanchez
Member.

Hello,

I have this problem, too. I am trying to import a package generated on version 6.5 to a new server where we have installed the version 6.9.1 and when trying to do the Import on the ESM Console, I get the following error message "Could not retrieve parse creation parameters for package".

Does someone have the same issue?

Does fixing the XML would work on this case?

How do you edit the XML file by the way? I only have the .ARB file

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cristian

0 Likes

Hi Cristian, I am interested in the resolution to your issue as well.  I believe you can rename any ARB file to .ZIP and then unzip it to get at the XML within.  I recall doing this once just to look at how resource and reference ID's are packaged up, but unfortunately that's about as much as I know....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.