Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
jdcockrill Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

performanceTracing on manage.jsp doesn't seem to work on ESM 6.8.

Since rebuilding one of our ESMs with a completely fresh install of ESM 6.8, I've noticed that performance tracing on the manage.jsp page doesn't work properly anymore. We regularly do the following:

• on https://<hostname>:8443/arcsight/web/manage.jsp we login and go to the RulesEngine MBean
  • we click 'invoke' on the 'turnPerformanceTracingOn' row to turn on performance tracing
  • we'd expect columns such as 'Total Time(msec)' and 'Memory(Bytes)' to appear in the 'LoadedRules' table and for two new 'RulesEngineMemoryStats' and 'RulesEngineTimingStats' tables appear

They don't anymore. I have some ESM 6.5SP1's which work absolutely fine. My ESM 6.8's don't work at all.

Where's it gone? It's very useful at finding very inefficient rules that consume a lot of resources. Is there another way of finding the same information?

Many thanks.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.