Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
rburra251 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

populating case fields automatically

Hello All,

I have tried to search for the answer to the particular query in the forum but couldn't find any and also checked the documentation but, no luck.

I Have a rule which will create a case automatically and I want to populate the fields in the case such as effected services, effected elements i know i can populate the same during case creation but i want these fields to be populated automatically.

please refer the screenshot in attachment

Thanks in advance,

rahul

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: populating case fields automatically

You have to pass the fields through aggregation but you can then use $sourceAddress and similar syntax when populating your case fields in your rule action.

0 Likes
rburra251 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Shaun,

Thanks for the response.

I have the below mcaffee av detection rule

mcafee av rule.JPG

with the below aggregation

av rule aggreation.JPG

I have tried to check for the case fields  "affected services" , "affected elements" to add  in the rule action but i couldn't find the fields. Can you please let me know how exactly do we populate the below highlighted fields automatically by events

case filelds.JPG

Thanks in advance,

Rahul B

0 Likes
Highlighted
Aleccese Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rahul,

if you select "Actions --> On First Event --> Right Click --> Add --> Case --> Create New Case" from the rule can't you see this?

Bye

Alex

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.