Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
bdmeyer Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

"How do I export?" and Trend based report doesn't contain all data for first column

Jump to solution

I've spent some time trying to figure out why a report wasn't working.

Since ArcSight doesn't appear to allow two levels of grouping in a report, I am exporting the report and then pulling it in to Crystal Reports to get what i need.

oddly, I was getting bizarre results.

I examined that data and see the following:

Out of 632,508 rows exported, only 2190 had data in the first column. sum(Aggregated Event count)

I verified that in the trend table, there is data in that column.

I exported a second time, with a sightly larger range and out 663,707 rows,  I only had 2,216 that had data in the same column. The remainder had no data in that field.

The method I am using to export is:

I am creating a report, setting to CSV, picking the time range, and selecting 'save' when the report is finished running.

I saw that in a trend, which the report is based on, I can select Export, BUT, bizarrely, I can only export ALL COLUMNS. , but not all the rows.

Is there a better way to export my trend results where I'll get the actual data? Also, should I open this as a ticket with HPE ? I can reproduce it every time.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
Labels (2)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Super Contributor.

Re: "How do I export?" and Trend based report doesn't contain all data for first column

Jump to solution

I believe I've figured the first part of this question out. I had the first field set as a 'GROUP by.' (It's a SUM(aggregated events))

With CSV, that just isn't going to work as expected apparently. Personally, this seems like an oversight at the least, and possibly a b00g?

I am still interested to know if there is a way to just export stuff without going through a report to do so.

Thanks all how reviewed this question.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
1 Reply
Super Contributor.

Re: "How do I export?" and Trend based report doesn't contain all data for first column

Jump to solution

I believe I've figured the first part of this question out. I had the first field set as a 'GROUP by.' (It's a SUM(aggregated events))

With CSV, that just isn't going to work as expected apparently. Personally, this seems like an oversight at the least, and possibly a b00g?

I am still interested to know if there is a way to just export stuff without going through a report to do so.

Thanks all how reviewed this question.

-= Bruce

-= Bruce
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.