Highlighted
bernardo.rodrig Absent Member.
Absent Member.

".hidden" directories from resources in resvalidate script

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

I ran the resvalidate script for validating that I could proceed with an Upgrade on an Express Appliance.

validationReport.html now shows me a bunch of invalid resources...

A lot of them are Instruments, which have a lot of shady names, I've attached a sample of them (resvalidate.jpg) and of the conflict reasons for their existence

I also have a lot of active channels that are supposedly on a ".hidden" folder of a non-existant user account... I've also attached an image with samples of this (resvalidate2.jpg)...

Can someone help me with fixing these? I really need them to get fixed quickly so I can proceed with the upgrade.

Thanks a lot in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.

Re: ".hidden" directories from resources in resvalidate script

Jump to solution

In the meanwhile I put this question up with the support team and here is the walkthrough procedure:

"To clean up the invalid resource , please do the following:

1. Back up the current ESM system tables by following the steps in http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1270079.

2. Stop the Manager. 3. Login to the database as the arcsight schema user (typically, arcsight).

4. Execute the following two SQL commands to remove the invalid resource ID found in the resvalidate logs:

delete from arc_resource where id='<resource id>';

commit;

Replace <resource id> with the resource ID returned by resvalidate (just in between apostrphes).

5) Run the resource validation again to check if the invalid resources are cleared from db."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.

Re: ".hidden" directories from resources in resvalidate script

Jump to solution

In the meanwhile I put this question up with the support team and here is the walkthrough procedure:

"To clean up the invalid resource , please do the following:

1. Back up the current ESM system tables by following the steps in http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1270079.

2. Stop the Manager. 3. Login to the database as the arcsight schema user (typically, arcsight).

4. Execute the following two SQL commands to remove the invalid resource ID found in the resvalidate logs:

delete from arc_resource where id='<resource id>';

commit;

Replace <resource id> with the resource ID returned by resvalidate (just in between apostrphes).

5) Run the resource validation again to check if the invalid resources are cleared from db."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.