Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
sandeepsharmap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

report of rules fired with base events

Hello All,

I am trying to generate a report with all rules fired along with their base events.

Any idea to get all details of base events along with its related rule fire event.

Thanks in advance!

Regads

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
mschleich Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: report of rules fired with base events

Hi Sandeep,

I am not sure it is possible with a report or a query because the correlated events does not modify base events thus there is no way to correlate these 2 types of events.

With the console when you use detailed chain to see Correlated Event and the base events related to this rule, it uses this query:

Event ID in ("X" ,"Y", ... ) Or Event ID Correlated by ("X" ,"Y", ... )

I think this information is saved into the DB and there is no operator Correlated By that permit you to do it with ESM query/report.

I think, it is just a assumption (not tested yet), that you could do that in query the ESM DB directly with a script.

If ESM can do it in launching detailed chain, there is a table where Event ID is correlated by other Event ID to get the result as opening an Active Channel is the same as launching a query on the ESM DB.

I hope I have helped you.

Thanks

Regards

Michael

0 Likes
sandeepsharmap Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: report of rules fired with base events

Thanks Michael.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.