Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

rule action "execute command"

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am trying to run a command in a rule action and it is not working.

At the end I want to use variable content but now I cant even have it run without variable

So now I have this:

Platform : Unix

Command : ssh

Parameters : root@hostname '/opt/local/monit/bin/monit restart connector'

Automaticaly run on manager

On the manager if I run the command : ssh root@hostname '/opt/local/monit/bin/monit restart connector'  it worked.  I use rsa-key so I dont need to enter a password.

Can I see in a log if there is an error? and if so which log.

Anyone have any input on how to set this up?

At the end I want to run something like ssh root@$deviceCustomString6 '/opt/local/monit/bin/monit restart connector'

Thanks.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Re: rule action "execute command"

Jump to solution

ok found my bug.

Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

ok found my bug.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

What was it, share?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Had to use the commande once from the console because it ask if you wanna connect and you need to answer Yes once.  After it is ok.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.