hossam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

scheduling sending events from connectors

I am in the middle of arcsight installation and we need the connectors to save the events locally on the server which are installed on and send them by the end of the day to the ESM. is that applicable and if yes how could i do that ??

Labels (3)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: scheduling sending events from connectors

If you configure the destination (ESM OR Logger) and the destination goes away then the agent should cache the events locally until the destination comes back online or it fills up the configured amount of space.

0 Likes
hossam Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks shaun on the reply. But my question if i can do that manually and even if no problem in the network. just to save and send the events in the end of the day from the connectors server.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. Shaun Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Yes you should be able to set the "Transport Mode" to "cache" in the (default) connector configuration tab.  Then in the alternate #1 setup a time range where you want to allow the data to be sent and set the "Transport Mode" to "normal".

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.