Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

searching logger

Jump to solution

Is there an easy way in logger to search or run a report and only return unique IP's?

I'm trying to figure out how many unique devices are still pointing at a connector

I know in ESM for a query you can use distinct/unique options but I'm not sure how to do this in Logger.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcelo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: searching logger

Jump to solution

You can also try using the pipe command rare which works the opposite of the top pipe command.

Ex:  agentType = "syslog" | rare deviceAddress

It will not show only unique IPs but will show the least used, showing the unique ones first if they are any.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Irina Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

try this:

From Main Page choose your Receiver and then add follow conditions.

0 Likes
marcelo1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You can also try using the pipe command rare which works the opposite of the top pipe command.

Ex:  agentType = "syslog" | rare deviceAddress

It will not show only unique IPs but will show the least used, showing the unique ones first if they are any.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
dzuperku1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tips!

I ended up using

agentAddress ="10.x.x.x" AND (deviceProduct !="Microsoft Windows" AND deviceVendor !="ArcSight") | dedup deviceAddress

where agentAddress is the address of the Connector appliance.

I was then able to export the results to a csv file and work with it in excel.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.