UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

security logs from Local Windows Machines (not in Domain)

Hi team,

Im trying to install connector for windows server 2012 R2 machine which is not in domain. And the machine where connector is going to be installed is not in any domain too. Im trying to install connector type=Microsoft windows event log-Unified. During installment it asks to fill the details like domain name, active directory user name and so on which I escaped. When it asks to enter host name I enter IP address of machine from which Im going to pull data out with admin credentials. But it says "verification for host ..-..-..-.. does not pass"

Could someone help to resolve this problem?

So, I wanna audit data from windows machines locally without DC. Which type of connector I need to choose and shold I skip page where domain details need to be entered?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Commodore
Commodore

Dear Nurbolat,

Can you check whether the required ports 135,136,137,138,139 and 445 (TCP) is open between your Smart Connector Installation Server and the Windows 2012 WorkGroup Server (Not in Domain)

you can check the connection by a simple telnet (windows) or nc (linux) command

Regards, Mazhar

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Marzhar,

Thanks for your reply, the problem was with the event-viewer account in OS. For some reason, that account did not work for smartconnector. Now Im using Admin account

Regards, Nurbolat Tazhkenov

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.