Highlighted
Established Member.. gfulmer1
Established Member..

sepdb smartconnector

Does anyone know what the latest version of smartconnector supports sepdb?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: sepdb smartconnector

Hi

Looking at the Connector Documentation for the latest SmartConnector framework (7.14) - it mentions v12.1 & 14 are supported : 

https://community.microfocus.com/t5/ArcSight-Connectors/SmartConnector-for-Symantec-Endpoint-Protection-DB/ta-p/1583075

sep.png

If you are looking at a minor release in one of those versions then you can reasonably expect the connector to work - but if Symantec change the schema of the database or introduce new events in a release then you may have problems or unparsed events

Established Member..

OK. We are running connector ver 7.5.0.7983 and were told not to upgrade past it for some reason.  We're running SEP 14.2 RU2. But does the smartconnector ver 7.14 support sepdb?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

14.2 is still not supported but it has been raised as a feature to support it in the future.
As mentioned in this post, only versions 12.1 and 14.0 are supported at the moment.
But in any case, I'd recommend upgrading your SC as version 7.5 is quite old.

Regards,
Kresimir

0 Likes
Established Member..

So if I upgrade my connector to 7.14, will I still get events from SEPM running 14.2?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can try installing 7.14 and use it with SEP 14.2 but you might face issues with duplicate IDs events.
So as was mentioned, 14.2 is still not supported at this moment.

Regards,
Kresimir

0 Likes
Established Member..

OK.. Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.