Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

supported platform for Logger 6.6.1 and ESM 7.0

I am looking for a platform which is supported for Logger 6.6.1 and ESM server 7.0. Just to give you a background, we bought a license for the ArcSight and in discussion with Partner for Cent OS supported versions for Logger and ESM server. Partner is saying we can't go live with Cent OS 7.5 and OS should be 7.3 for ESM server and 7.4 for Logger, but my concern is we should go with the latest available OS, considering the patch management in a ease manner.

Further we have installed 7.5 Cent OS for logger and found that the Logger is working fine on Cent OS 7.5 platform. ESM is currently on 7.3 version and we wanted to go for an upgrade to 7.5.

Can you please suggest, if we continue like this what challenges which we may face.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi ,

There is a related document on https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-User-Discussions/Support-for-Patched-and-Upgraded-Operating-Systems/m-p/1679064

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Hi member,

Thanks for your quick response, i have gone through the listed document and found that all ArcSight products are supported on 7.5. There is a possibility that the products may not be certfied as of now but the support shall be delivered by MicroFocus team on "Best efforts" basis.

please correct if my understanding is correct?

Also, i could not able to get the version controls for the document and document date is not available. how do i know, when it got released.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

yes, 7.5 is supported but it's not certified yet.

You can subscribe the product forums to receive updates.
ESM: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ESM-and-ESM-Express/tkb-p/esm
ADP: https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/ArcSight-Data-Platform-ADP/tkb-p/arcsight-data-platform-adp

In the options menu, just click subscribe. you should receive an email when a document is added or updated.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.