Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
jolin wong Contributor.
Contributor.

the steps to design script (api call for external souce) in ESM

May i know the steps to design script (api call for external souce) in ESM, i want to pull known-good ip address on daily basis, should i assign script to query or active list? any article from knowledge base mention script design 

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: the steps to design script (api call for external souce) in ESM

You can achieve your goal by using Activate Threat Intelligence packages.

https://sec.microfocus.com/foswiki/bin/view/ArcSightActivate/L1ThreatIntelligence

You can find the relevant information from the link above. Basically if you just want to download feed, STIXX-TAXII client is enough. there is a pdf attachment on the page for installation, configuration and usage.

If you need to download feeds wthout using stixx-taxii, you need to create scripts that pulls the data and install a flex connector for parsing and sending them to ESM destination.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
0 Likes
jolin wong Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

we don't use this package, we manual imort every day, can you share example of excel vba to pull ip info? , so we run script every day and get new feed

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

I don't know any excel vba method. you can just install the stixx-taxii client. it pulls data from the feeds you configure and then stores it as a csv file. everyhing is in the pdf file on the page.

------------------------------------
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful or mark it as an accepted solution if it resolves your issue.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.