Absent Member.
Absent Member.

unable to open arcsight connector wizard

Trying to run the agent setup wizard. Getting error

Error Message when running wizard

Assuming JAVA_HOME: D:\Arcsight\SmartConnectors\CheckPoint\02\current\jre

ArcSight Agent Setup starting...

Connector Setup Wizard starting in mode [SWING]

[Thu Mar 10 16:15:00 CST 2016] [INFO ] Checking for a running instance of connector...

[Thu Mar 10 16:15:12 CST 2016] [INFO ] Starting up connector...

FATAL EXCEPTION:

Could not launch an instance of Connector

FATAL EXCEPTION:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to retrieve entities from [http://localhost:10050/cwsapi/services/v1]

at com.arcsight.j.a.q.vb(q.java:2825)

at com.arcsight.agentsetup.BasicContainerOperationProcessor.setupPanel(BasicContainerOperationProcessor.java:67

at com.arcsight.agentsetup.ContainerOperationProcessor.setupPanel(ContainerOperationProcessor.java:63)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.h$0.a(h$0.java:76)

at com.arcsight.wizard.j.i(j.java:184)

at com.arcsight.wizard.s.p(s.java:449)

at com.arcsight.wizard.s.run(s.java:254)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.d.run(d.java:551)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.d.run(d.java:531)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.e.run(e.java:91)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.run(l.java:702)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.run(l.java:677)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.main(l.java:905)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.c.main(c.java:2527)

FATAL EXCEPTION:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to retrieve entities from [http://localhost:10050/cwsapi/s

rvices/v1]

at com.arcsight.agentsetup.BasicContainerOperationProcessor.setupPanel(BasicContainerOperationProcessor.java:10

)

at com.arcsight.agentsetup.ContainerOperationProcessor.setupPanel(ContainerOperationProcessor.java:63)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.h$0.a(h$0.java:76)

at com.arcsight.wizard.j.i(j.java:184)

at com.arcsight.wizard.s.p(s.java:449)

at com.arcsight.wizard.s.run(s.java:254)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.d.run(d.java:551)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.d.run(d.java:531)

at com.arcsight.wizard.f.e.run(e.java:91)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.run(l.java:702)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.run(l.java:677)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.l.main(l.java:905)

at com.arcsight.agent.pg.c.main(c.java:2527)

Caused by: java.rmi.RemoteException: Unable to retrieve entities from [http://localhost:10050/cwsapi/services/v1]

at com.arcsight.j.a.q.vb(q.java:2825)

at com.arcsight.agentsetup.BasicContainerOperationProcessor.setupPanel(BasicContainerOperationProcessor.java:67

... 12 more

[Thu Mar 10 16:17:19 CST 2016] [INFO ] Shutting Down Agent Framework Version [7.0.7.7279.0]

Labels (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi

Kindly check the java package you have instaled and check the process which is running in the background.

I was facing the same issue, I just end the process of java and then restarted the connector again it worked.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

there may be possibilities that if you try to run any of the properties during agent that is running, agent may lock , so before running the agent wizard check <Arcsight Home>/current/run   --> if there are any lock files created if so, please delete the file, and there are possibilities java process is already running for the current instance, so go to the task manager --> processes--> java.exe --> right click and click "Go to service(s).. see what service running for the corresponding Java.exe process and kill the process and try running <arcsight home>/current/bin/ arcsight agentsetup

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Tried everything but it did not work 😞

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ​,

Try uninstalling the setup. Delete and wipe all the traces of previous installation. Before installing, make sure  there is no java process running in the background. If any just clear the process tree. Install now and then check it. BTW what is the operating system you are using..?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.. Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

I would verify in that Connectors ../user/agent/agent.properties that there is a listener defined on port 10050. I would also use netstat to verify that the pid of process controlling that port is that of the subject Connector. If these things don't match then work on fixing that first, i.e. find the source of the conflict for that listener port and/or actually create a listener port in this Connectors agent.properties, note that you will need to inventory all this hosts Connectors to figure out what listeners (port) are on which Connector and resolve any conflicts. Once everything is validated I would then probably stop/start the Connector and try again.

That is where I would start.....

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is Java related issue on connector, please verify using below command,

./arcsight agentsetup

If you are getting java related error then use below command to validate,

rpm -q --qf '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE} (%{ARCH})\n' glibc libX11 libXau libxcb libXext libXi libXrender libXtst nss-softokn-freebl

yum install <libraries> where <libraries> is every libraries

Regards,

Manoj

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.