Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

waited too long for manger to be up

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to test the implementation of  Arcsight ESM 6.5c in Centos in a virtual machine before doing it in production system. but while installing the manager I'm getting this error " waited too long for the manager to be up ". I have given 4gb memory, 100 gb hard drive, configured static IP for the virtual machine and host name is resolvable but still i'm unable to solve this issue. Please find the screenshot of the error below

too long.PNG

I have found below in /opt/arcsight/manager/logs/default/ServiceStatusChecker.log

[2014-10-21 04:30:57,131][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.common.services.ManagerRPCChecker] Ending status checks of manager rpc

[2014-10-21 04:30:57,133][INFO ][default.com.arcsight.common.services.ManagerChecker] Finished status check: manager: unavailable [

manager rpc: unavailable

manager heartbeat "managerup": unavailable

manager heartbeat "server": unavailable

manager heartbeat "server.starting": unavailable

Can anyone please help me. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rahul,

Problem is with the RAM,

tried installing with 12GB RAM with 4*2 processor and installtation went fine.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rahul,

You need to look into the server.std.log and server.log to get more information.

Look in the /opt/arcsight/manager/logs/default/ folder.

Also, was the mysql database up and running at that point? The logs above should be able to give you more information.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Rahul,

Bump up the RAM to at least 6GB as I have seen ESM 6.5c refuse to start with less than that in a VM environment. Don't expect it to be in any way fast with less than 8GB though as it will be constantly swapping to disk, which is still useable to some degree if you have the VM on an SSD.

Damian

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please consult the Installation guide.

The minimum suggested memory for ESM 6.5c is 36GB ram.

I suspect that 4GB is not enough.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

I faced that exact same problem while testing out 6.0c a while ago. It's simply because the manager doesn't have the time to start in the allowed period by the installer.

But I was infact able to manually launch the remaining parts and everything worked out ok. I don't remember the details, but you can manually start the web server config, which is the only part remaining. Or maybe there is a variable somewhere you could trick to change the timeout.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I see you're testing with ESM 6.0

I have tested with ESM 6.5c SP1 in my environment using at least 10G of RAM and 4 CPU Cores and have not had major problems.

Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rahul,

Problem is with the RAM,

tried installing with 12GB RAM with 4*2 processor and installtation went fine.

Cheers

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.