ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins. Read more for important details.
ALERT! The community will be read-only starting on April 19, 8am Pacific as the migration begins.Read more for important details.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

who watches the watchers ?

Is there any way (solution) to store the arcsight users past queries in a database so we can check later who queried what ? ( We asked this to customer support but in return they answered it is not possible atm but they added this request to customer request section.)

0 Likes
4 Replies
Commander
Commander

I'm sorry,

I don't think I understand the question.

You want to record queries and who made them.  So are you wanting specifically the search function in ArcSight? Or who built what channels?

Thanks.

Mike

0 Likes
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

You would only be able to see if they created/deleted active channels and other resources. This is part of the audit logging.

Other than the queries done by people are not saved anywhere to my knowledge.

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for replies,

Just make it clear i have to explain what i really wish, in my department there are people responsible for log management and as a duty they make queries on all kinds of log sources and here is what i want, i want to control what they queried and when. We can see users online queries on "running tasks" section on arcsight and i wonder if we can store these queries in log management system for future needs.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

And some time later there's different people responsible for looking through these logs and sb. asks the same question again - and again - and again?

Joachim

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.