Highlighted
reswob4 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

win32 was unexpected at this time error when trying to install SmartConnector

Jump to solution

I'm trying to install a Smartconnector on Windows 2016 Standard running in a VM with 4 core and 16 GB RAM.

I'm using: ArcSight-7.7.0.8036.0-Connector-Win.exe

The server has:

java version "1.8.0_141"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_141-b15)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.141-b15, mixed mode)

After running the install using right-click RunAs Administrator.  I open up a command prompt as administrator, then navigate to \Program Files (x86)\ArcSightSmartConnectors\DNS\current\bin and execute runagentsetup.bat

But when it tries to run I get:

Assuming ARCSIGHT_HOME: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSightSmartConnectors\DNS\current
Assuming JAVA_HOME: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSightSmartConnectors\DNS\current\jre

ArcSight Agent Setup starting...

\ArcSightSmartConnectors\DNS\current\lib\win32 was unexpected at this time.

And the program quits. 

I've unistalled and reinstalled several times.  At least one of those times, I searched through the registry for all arcsight entries and deleted those and rebooted but I still get this error.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: win32 was unexpected at this time error when trying to install SmartConnector

Jump to solution

Hello,

it seems you are trying to install 32 bit SmartConnector (which is also EoL).

Please try to download "ArcSight-7.8.0.8070.0-Connector-Win64.exe" and test. This is the latest framework, 64 bit.

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
1 Reply
Marijo Mandic Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: win32 was unexpected at this time error when trying to install SmartConnector

Jump to solution

Hello,

it seems you are trying to install 32 bit SmartConnector (which is also EoL).

Please try to download "ArcSight-7.8.0.8070.0-Connector-Win64.exe" and test. This is the latest framework, 64 bit.

Regards,

Marijo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.