danje571
New Member.

About Identity View

Hello,

I've question regarding Identity View.

Do you think that it's a nice to have feature?

does IdView help you a lot in your activties?

is it easy to configure?

Regards

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
14 Replies
shezaf1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: About Identity View

Note that we have released User Behavior Analytics (UBA) as a replacement for IDview. More information: Product Announcement:  HP User Behavior Analytics is now Generally Available  

0 Likes
danje571
New Member.

Thanks, i'll check!

0 Likes
vijay.k
New Member.

Hi Ofer,

Thanks for the information.

Could you please tell us how long IDview will be supported. Roughly around how many months?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

We have not announced EOL for IDview so there is no such date.

In the ArcSight product life cycle information page you can find our obsolescence policy which provides a guideline in case no such announcement was made.

0 Likes
majidk1
New Member.

Hi Ofer,

Will customer with a valid ID View license & support, able to migrate to User Behavior Analytics (UBA) directly? Also, what is the valid supported ESM version for UBA?

thank you,

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

See ArcSight upgrade and migration guide. UBA does not require ESM. Integration is tested with 6.5c and 6.8 but would probably work with any.

0 Likes
majidk1
New Member.

thanks...appreciate your swift response!

0 Likes
vijay.k
New Member.

Hi Majid Khan,

Please be noted that additional hardware is required for UBA implementation. Check the configuration requirement as well for the server.

Regards,

0 Likes
majidk1
New Member.

Thanks for your reply Vijay,

yeah I realized that looking through the documentation, UBA is more like a new product unlike IDView, which was kind of an add-on.

regards,

0 Likes
pratikp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Ofer,

Hope you are doing well.

I need to know that Is UBA is compatible with ArcSight Express 4.0 ? Can we use UBA in such environment ?

Thanks & Regards,

Pratik

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

I am no longer at HPE so not the right person to ask. When I left I think Express 4.0 was not officially supported, however the integration used standard CEF so there should not be anything stopping you from using them together.

~ Ofer

0 Likes
neo12 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Pratik

as Ofer said, UBA is not supported on express 4.0. if you want to use this lovely practical Technology , you have to upgrade your express to ESM .

Regards

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Some clarification is required here: to use UBA you need neither ESM nor Express. It is a standalone product. It doesn't even need connectors (or ADP for that matter), though they are very useful.

Moreover, given it is a standalone product, you can opt to integrate it with Express using any documented Express interface as you would do with any other 3rd party product: send events from Express to UBA and from UBA to Express, create content on Express to use those events etc. This integration would just not be supported by HPE.

~ Ofer

0 Likes
Highlighted
pratikp Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dear Ofer,

Thanks for your clarification.

Regards,

Pratik

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.