Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
marc.a Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Active Channel fails to map IPs to Created Assets

Jump to solution

Hello Everybody,

I am requesting your help because I have been looking for a solution by myself for several days and I don't have any clue to understand exactly what is happening.

I am trying to create a filtering rule on the events from an external source, To do it, I am using  the Built-in filter named in ArcSight Foundation/Network Filters/Boundary Filters.

I have analyzed the filtering rule and I have seen that the filtering is based on the membership of an asset to the "Protected" Category (based on the Zone & the asset ID)

All my network is modeled  with my assets inheriting the protected category.

and here is my problem:

When I launch an active channel on the filter, IPs corresponding to a protected asset are not mapped, and therefore not filtered.

I assume that it is related to the lack of Zone IDs and Asset IDs on the corresponding event, but I don't know how to fix this problem or which direction I should take to solve it.

I made a research on the site and I haven't found anything corresponding to my problem

Does anybody has already encountered this issue?

Thanks for your help,

Marc

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
brian.freedman@1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Active Channel fails to map IPs to Created Assets

Jump to solution

So what I would do is create you zones and assign them all to your company/org network, then take that network and assign to a customer. The customer in this case would just be yourself. Then just assign all the connectors customer uri of that customer and they should all inherit the zones you set up.

all custom zones -> assigned to -> single network -> assigned to -> customer -> customer uri for all connectors

Network modeling can be tricky, but when its working, it can be an amazing tool

0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Since your network is completely modeled you can always do  source zone uri NOT StartsWith /All Zones/<xyz inc.>

anything outside your network model should hit on this.

0 Likes
marc.a Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately this solution doesn't work.

Actually I think that my problem is that the Xpress is not recognizing the asset: when I start an active channel and I take an event with an IP corresponding to a modelled asset, Only the IP field is given. The other ones are empty: the Xpress is not able to provide the asset name or the zone. Do you think that your solution will work anyway? or is there a way to make the Xpress recognize the asset?

I have to precise that all the Asset IPs have been set as static.

Thanks for your answer, it is still good to know that we can define this kind of conditions anyway.

0 Likes
marc.a Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

After more investigation I have noticed something I didn't knew:

Asset/Zone Mapping should be pushed to the SmartConnectors. I have donne this, but I still not have any event mapping to zone and asset.

Do you have any Idea of the source of this problem.

Thanks for everything

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

So what I would do is create you zones and assign them all to your company/org network, then take that network and assign to a customer. The customer in this case would just be yourself. Then just assign all the connectors customer uri of that customer and they should all inherit the zones you set up.

all custom zones -> assigned to -> single network -> assigned to -> customer -> customer uri for all connectors

Network modeling can be tricky, but when its working, it can be an amazing tool

0 Likes
marc.a Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello Brian,

Thanks for your answer.

I have tried your solution, but the population is not performed.

The most worryung is that I don't have any idea of the way I can troubleshoot my problem.

I have also tried to put the zone mapping field for connector as Rezone, but nothing has change.

Thanks for your advice, It helps me to go further even if I am still stuck in the middle.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.