tlitchfield Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Adding a new device in Logger

We are running ArcSight Logger version 4.5.0.4892.0 and I am trying to add a device to the configuration to receive data from a connector.  When I log into the Logger web interface and go to Configuration I can't add a new Receiver.  There is no 'Add' button on the page.

How do I add a Receiver?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
binkie_jhs1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Adding a new device in Logger

looger_add_receiver.JPG

nothing like above?

0 Likes
tlitchfield Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I don't have the Add button on that same screen.  I've tried Firefox and IE and I've tried on 3 different workstations.

0 Likes
binkie_jhs1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thomas,

Must be a rights issue then. Under ' User management', your account should have proper group memberships.

You should be giving the correct 'Logger Rights' to 'Edit, save, and remove receivers'

If that's not it, try a different account..

ave, jhs

0 Likes
santhosh.i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Binkie!

Am facing an issue!

I created the devices manually , but when using those devices for nomal search or filters it doesn't help in populating the events!

Am using syslog connector to receive logs from syslog devices and pointed to logger. am receiving logs but not populating on devices page!

so i manually created and used for searches, its not working!

Please help me on this!!

Regards

Santhosh I

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.