Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
santhosh.i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any document avail for SMS alerting

Dear All ,

Is there any document available for SMS alert/notifications , i checked with support they mentioned only admin guide is avail for notifications stuff...

pls share if anything is avail......

thanks

santhosh I

Labels (3)
0 Likes
6 Replies
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Any document avail for SMS alerting

Hi Santhosh,

U can refer the Console User guide:  "Managing Notifications"

notifications.jpg

In admin guide u will find the Creating the Custom Emails using Velocity Templates.

0 Likes
santhosh.i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

any other configuration needs to be enabled on the Manager ???? or just need to provide phone number on user notification settings!!!!

0 Likes
balahasan.v1 Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi Santhosh,

I hope the Changes made on the Manager is Explained in the Console User Guide

0 Likes
markcarlo21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi,

Good Day!

I would like to ask if this inquiry has been addressed?

Upon checking, only e-mail address is available for cellphone notification.

Is there a way to set a cellphone number or integrate it to an SMS gateway?

Thanks,

Carlo

0 Likes
bondarets Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is the way it usually works - you get email looking like this - <phone_number>@operator.com from your cellular provider (most of them have this type of service, sometimes for free, sometimes for a small fee) and any email sent to this address will reach your mobile as an sms.

Second option is using your own sms gateway (software), but still, most of them support accepting incoming requests via SMTP and act like an SMTP-SMS gateway or SMTP-SMPP gateway.

Third option is using cellphone, attached directly to server. ArcSight doesn't support this.

Forth option is to use SMSC-gateway which uses SMPP as a transport, not SMTP. ArcSight doesn't support this either.

0 Likes
markcarlo21 Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your response.

Cheers,

Carlo

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.