Highlighted
Contributor.. jfbergeron Contributor..
Contributor..

Apache HTTP Server Access File

Hi,

I have multiple instance of Apache running on one Windows box. I would like to collect the log for each instance. How can I do that? Should I install as many as smartconnector instance of Apache? In addition, I have a connector appliance. Can I install the Apache smartconnector on it and collect logs from several remote Apache?

Thanks,

Jeff

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
alex.gilelach@i Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Apache HTTP Server Access File

Couple of different ways to go after this.  You can use a folder follower connector with the Arcsight agent on the local machine, and go after multiple files with one process.  Also, you can mount the Apache log directory with CIFS over on the appliance and use the same or the Apache specific connector.  By the way, the newer version of the Logger (if that's your destination) allows you to deploy a folder follower receiver directly on the Logger.  One more option is to send data over syslog, using apache configuration directive where data is written to both local file and over syslog to an Arcsight syslog connector.  Not sure what the specifics are: number of servers, directories, log files, sizes, rotation method, location on the network (local vs not), if all your logs follow a standard format, ownership of the Windows server, etc..

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.