Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
MaryCordova Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

ArcMc Hardware Form Factor Breach Rules

Here are some ArcMc (2.0) breach rules.  Hopefully the next release of ArcMc will have most of this pre-configured as standard checks.

The attached document contains "hardware form factor product" rules as noted on pg. 139 of the as well as a few others. 

Please share additional breach rules to compile and hopefully we can all have functional System Monitoring in ArcMc .

Tags (2)
9 Replies
Frequent Contributor.

Re: ArcMc Hardware Form Factor Breach Rules

BTW - these have not been tested as, unfortunately , none of my appliances are presently failing.  However, I did follow the guide and also had some additional examples from HP Support to use as templates.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

CPU and JVM:

The JVM value I took from the original rules file.  I havent yet researched what is normal JVM for Logger, ConApp, and ArcMc.  Since I never see my CPU go above 20%, I set 50% as critical.  The original rules set this at 90% but I would like to know well before then that there is something going on.

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

I'm uploading a new document as of now.  If you have already downloaded this file you may want to replace it with the new one. 

I've ran into serious issues trying to keep track of the breach rule # so I've instituted an allotment schema per product in this new version that allows adhoc additions to each product up to a total of 100 rules without affecting any other products rules:

ArcMc 100-199

ConApp 200-299

Connector 300-399

Logger 400-499

The breach rule # have all been updated in the new file.

0 Likes
Highlighted
sanhyongt1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi All,

I will like to understand the rationale of monitoring JVM_Memory / Platform_Memory.

Why is there no monitoring for Overall Memory utilisation?

Thanks.

0 Likes
dcorwin25 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

These all work great! I through them into my test lab ArcMC and messed around with different hosts to get the ArcMC to flag the issues and it did! Great job on these!

0 Likes
Frequent Contributor.

Thanks!

0 Likes
brian.freedman@1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

JVM_Memory would apply to the memory used in the JVM container so for a 32bit connector up to 1024, and you want to be notified if the connector starts using 800m or ~80% giving you indication you might of a load/processing problem there.

Platform_Memory applies to linux connectors and gives you details of the system memory that they sit on. So though my connector memory might be good in a situation, but there might be something wrong with my connector host that I should be aware of. So you can alert if the server memory utilization goes over a certain threshold

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.